Work for The Paper Canopy
Welcome to a little craft heaven called The Paper Canopy!
The Paper Canopy stands as a mecca for paper enthusiasts, providing a delightful & curated selection of art supplies & stationery. Our collection features unique gifts from local artists as well as artists across the globe! We also offer craft supplies & kits, cards, and an array of paper products that elevate the art of communication and connection.
Position Summary: Part-Time Sales Lead / Future Entrepreneur
We are looking for a paper and craft lover who loves helping people! Our Sales Lead will serve as a source of knowledge on our products, guiding and selling to our fantastic customers. They will also keep the shop looking fabulous with merchandising, restocking, and light cleaning. As an important member of this brand new business, we are looking for someone with an entrepreneur mindset.
- Amazing Customer Service - Our customer experience is the most important job you’ll have! You will create a fun & welcoming experience in our shop while helping service customer needs with your product knowledge and creative ideas.
- Sell it! - Our new team member will utilize campaigns, such as new item launches and promotions to actively sell and engage in conversation with every customer.
- Retail Shop Duties - Processing inventory, merchandising products to create an inviting shopping experience, and light cleaning will be tasked day to day.
- Entrepreneur mindset - We are always looking for ways to grow and improve our brand new business. As a team member, you’ll bring fresh ideas to the table for process improvement, displays, classes, business growth, and more! We want you to take pride in your space and help us grow! In return, you’ll learn the in’s and out’s of running a new business!
- You love working with people and engaging with others. You can communicate with clients and team members effectively & collaboratively.
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and problem-solving ability. A can-do attitude is a must!
- You are able to shift gears quickly, prioritize, and multi-task. You are adaptable, energized by working in an ever-changing environment.
- You have the physical ability to work on the selling floor, which requires standing for periods of time, lifting 30-40 pounds, climbing a ladder, etc.
- You can perform all tasks with pride and a detailed approach.
- You are available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require weekend shifts and holiday availability. You are punctual and dependable.
- Arts and crafts interest with a minimum of 2 years in retail or service related industry.
Email your resume to email@example.com and write "Paper Lover" in the subject line. Can't wait to chat more!